This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. I take pride in giving my honest opinion and assessment of all the products that are submitted to me and experiences I may be given. I reserve the right to opt out of publishing a review if I do not feel that I can be fair about my opinion.
As the owner of this blog, I may accept forms of cash advertising or sponsorship. There might also be paid topic insertions. I will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog..
I believe in honesty and integrity therefore I will always give my personal opinion-whether or not it shows a product or company in a favorable light. Compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely and entirely my own. I do not claim to be nor make an effort to be an expert on a certain topic, product or service. I will only endorse companies, products and services that I believe, based on my own experiences, are worthy of endorsement. All product or service claims should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
I sewed up a straight size six. All fabric was from my personal stash. The black was cotton lycra from Purpleseamstress Fabrics and the zebra print was found on the flat fold table at my local Hancock Fabrics. The zebra print is some unknown type of not-so-very stretchy, kind of course knit fabric.
The one modification to the dress that I made was the kangaroo pocket. Instead of cutting out one pocket piece, adding interfacing and folding over the seam allowance, I just cut two pocket pieces- one from the zebra print and one from the black cotton lycra. Then, I sewed the pocket pieces RST, flipped and then sewed onto the dress front as instructed. I did this for two reasons 1) The zebra print was kind of see-through and thin. I was afraid it wouldn't hold up to the constant stress of a front pocket. I figured the cotton lycra backing would give the pocket sturdiness and make it less see-through. 2) I know how I sew and I was afraid that by just folding over the edge for the pocket seam allowance that it wouldn't look even and neat. By sewing the two pocket pieces together RST, all the messy, potentially uneven sewing would be on the inside. (That little gem is my gift to you- you're welcome;-).
Other than the pocket mod, I sewed the dress as instructed and it came together super fast! I was able to cut and finish in under two hours. That's even WITH the rookie mistake of sewing the wrong side of the sleeve to the front piece and having to un-pick serged seams (ugh!).
At first, I wasn't sure how flattering this style dress would be on my daughter- the front and back pieces are pretty straight and not so curvy. However, once Lil' Miss put on her GraciebyBlaverry, I really liked it! The all-knit construction of the GraciebyBlaverry make this dress easy to sew and comfy to wear! Simple lines and easy styling make theGraciebyBlaverry another great addition to your PDF sewing library!